Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Aaron and I went last night to pick out his backpack and lunchbox. For him to start kindergarten. Next month. Pass the valium, please.

It took him almost 3 entire seconds to select his backpack.




Behold.



Then on to the lunchbox aisle. Big decisions to be made. What to choose?

Of course.



He was supposed to pick out a thermos, until I found out that they cost $15, and I imagine it would get used precisely twice before it was left behind in the cafeteria, or inadvertently tossed into a trash can. So instead of a thermos, he picked out an ice pack for his lunchbox. In the shape of? Lightning McQueen. This kindergarten preparation has been brought to you by Target and Disney-Pixar.


And maybe a few Kleenex for mommy.


1 comment:

Squishypig said...

Aw, he looks so grown up standing there with his backpack on! And I frequent a budget board (not that it has helped me) and from what I umderstand, Target will put those Thermos containers on sale once the back to school rush is done.